Wednesday, December 7, 2011

time to share..

I felt it was important (though I was hesitant) to share a full body shot of me. They are RARE but every so often someone does capture the whole me. But I can tell you that it is very hard showing these photos.

This photo was taken this summer at a wedding I was photographing and my second shooter got me. I was probably 183 here. The one thing I am at least thankful for is that I am pretty proportionate rather than bigger on top or bottom. So I can hide it fairly well.




September 2011, This made me cringe and want to cry. This is what kick started me to get back to the gym.

a few years old, probably about 165-173, before I got married.

On my wedding day, about 165 and though I was super happy, after the ceremony all i could think about was how much this dress hurt my back because it was painful having a corset on.

May 2011, picture my hubby took this summer, i was utterly disgusted when I saw this.

I think what scares me the most is becoming like my mother. Yes I love her, but she at her heaviest was about 300lbs if not more. Sure she had 4 kids but still, she slowly packed it on and 30+ years later is still stuck in a body she is uncomfortable with. She is trying but it's taking a very long time.


But there is hope to lose weight. There was one time when I got down to 146 after a horrible break up. Not the best way to lose weight but it is possible to make it happen again but in a healthy way.


This is what I looked like when I met my husband in June 2008. Super short hair and 147. So I have gained about 30-40 pounds since we met. 30-40 POUNDS! Sure it was in the time span of 3 years now but still, it happened. But I know I can get rid of it if I really try.


So here I am, December 7th 2011 ready to honestly and earnestly wanting a change. By this time next year I hope to be back down to at LEAST 156lbs. But I know it's a long road, it's a day by day, hour by hour, minute by minute and even weak moment by weak moment to say, "no!" to bad choices and "YES!!" to good choices and a better life. Its time to say "YES" to a better, healthier and more active life, with hubby in tow.

No comments:

Post a Comment