Thursday, December 22, 2011

Salads

Checked my weight this morning, and I'm back down to 180.4! :), good thing I love eating salads!!

I use to eat salads that were worse than a freaking hamburger! Pea, eggs, cheese, a TON of bacon bits and of course, croutons, oh how I love croutons. I of course would also drown my salad in ranch like I was 5 years old holding an open bottle. Well, I still love ranch (who doesn't??) but I have changed my taste buds since I have grown up for when I have an actual salad and not just dipping my carrots.

My salad now consists of either iceberg lettuce, or bib lettuce or sometimes even spinach if I have it. I then sprinkle on at least half a cup of the delightful garlic ginger wonton strips (picture below) and then I do at least 3 cap fulls of Newman's Own Low Fat Sesame Ginger dressing. (pictured below) Add maybe some cranberries for a kick of flavor.


Both products have very few calories per serving, and the Newman's is delightfully tasty with a touch of spicy. It's been my favorite for years now. So if you need helping finding an even HEALTHIER way of eating a salad try these. But I will always love the occasional crouton. 

No comments:

Post a Comment