Wednesday, April 11, 2012

A Personal Lent

I am religious and believe in lent, though I didn't participate this year, but I have decided to do it on my own without the religiousness of it (though paying a lot!). So about a month ago I was feeling desperate to lose some weight. I have been going to the gym almost 5 times a week since December and though I was feeling healthier and was more often sore than not I still wasn't seeing a change on the scale. Some say it is because muscle weighs more that fat so I wasn't seeing a difference because of the ratio shift of fat to muscle. I didn't believe that. I knew I didn't see the scale move more than 2-4 lbs because of the crap I was putting in my damn gullet! I wasn't that heathy, i still ate more veggies and fruit than ever before but I still would get those mini donuts or pizza, etc. i would try to eat slower but that didn't work. So finally my work out buddy Yolanda was telling me about my former co-worker Mariah who was doing this diet. You take these drops called HCG, which is sort of a hunger suppressant. I also have to start drinking like 64 floz of water a day! I'll be peeing a lot now! But also my food intake has been severely cut. I eat two meals a day consisting of 4oz of lean meat so today I broiled some chicken with spices for one meal then cooked up 3 eggs. For the other. Then for veggies cut up a mini cucumber and and orange pepper and put 3 teaspoons of olive oil dressing on it then some carrots. I shouldn't have bought the carrots but no point in wasting them. Then for fruit I cut up an apple then put together some blueberries and strawberries. I am hoping this is going to work and I won't get super hungry and mess
It all up. But I was getting to a breaking point and I needed to make some serious changes to get any results! So please keep me in your prayers and keep me accountable!

No comments:

Post a Comment